The right environment to get writing

When it comes to writing it is finding the time where you can sit down have a podcast on or some music and go through what you have written and what is left to write. I am currently working on a new book and I find writing in the mornings hard, so have been writing in the afternoon and in the evening. 
It is not always possible to write at that time because I go over to wait for my son to return from school, so before I leave to get to his dads house I will do some writing and in the evening. 
I can't decide if I am a morning person or a night owl, because I do like to get up early but I find it hard and now the clocks have changed in the UK it is taking me a while to adjust to that time change, but do like the lighter mornings and evenings, so soon I will be able to do some writing in the garden and be good to be outdoors with the sunshine. 
Find a good location to write can really make a difference and can really help with ideas for books and reading in the park.



Set the scene to write. As I visualised me working in the garden, has made me want to write as said in the garden with an iced coffee. I like to have my notebooks with me so I can manage my writing and hydration is important, and I like writing with a coffee or a cold drink. 
It helps me feel comfortable and not get easily distracted. 

I see people working in coffee shops and I like this too and going to find a coffee shop where I can do this and sit outside. It is good to have familiar spot and be with nature at the same time. 

The other thing I have done is created a playlist of music on Youtube and it helps me to vision the scenes of my book and imagine it like a movie playing and how I see my main character in the story and build them as I continue to write.

Check out my previous blog about getting in the mood for writing: https://inalifeofawriter.blogspot.com/2023/01/getting-in-mood-to-write.html
It is all about finding the ideal spot and nowhere, where it is chaotic and developing the right setting. 

Read the right the books. Read books that a similar to the book you are writing. I love reading and been reading books to help write mine, reading topics that I am writing about and helps get inspiration and helps to find you style. If a books is hard to read, then it could be actually not interested and choose books you know you are interested in which will help you write yours. 

So lets write those books and have the things you love around you. 

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding the time to write

Getting in the mood to write