Deciding what to write and have a schedule

First of all if you read this blog I have written books published on amazon, under the names. Carrie Challoner, Carrie Lee Challoner and Carrie Holmes. I have a new book out called Mum&Me and so if you'd like to check out then check this link here: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mum-Me-Gucci-Tits-Virtue/dp/B0BGNF4LNF/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1RWKK1GLHZ98F&keywords=Mum%26Me+Carrie+Holmes&qid=1677239659&sprefix=mum%26me+carrie+holmes%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-1

Check out this video series doing a book review and there is a new one coming soon on my main Youtube channel, see link to this below: 



When it comes to writing blogs and books, is very different. Deciding on what to write is up to you, but the tips I learned is, 

  • - Think of the idea 
  • - Brainstorm 
  • - Create a vision
  • - Start writing
  • - Take notes as you write and put the story together
Get away from your laptop or computer and get outdoors. I love to work in a coffee shop sometimes or in the summer time as I get out and visit different places and my books I base in London and Surrey because that is where I have lived most of my life and I know London and Surrey.
This helps me to form ideas and get to know you character. 

  • - Where are they heading? 
  • - What do they eat, drink and sleep?
Sleep is important and many of my ideas have come from dreams I have had, and be fresh faced to write the next day. I tend to write later in the day or after I have worked on my blog, or working on editing a video, and if it is a book I have worked on but took time away from it will do a read through to continue the writing on the book, and currently doing on my next book called, When Mothers Are Real and get the first draft done. 

Focus on one draft at a time and one thing I have been learning whilst doing a read through, is focus on the getting to grips with the story and try not edit, but highlight areas I want to change ready once I have completed first draft to work on the 2nd. 

If you liked this blog then you may like this one: 

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My love of writing

Finding the time to write

The right environment to get writing