Spend time planning your book

My journal and a drink I like to drink when writing 

As a child I loved to write and always wanted to write a book, which I have using Amazon. I have two parenting books, Self Help books and novels and on my third one. My book Mum&Me is going to be a series and so going to work on the second book this year to be published in 2025.

The Parenting Adventures Pregnancy to the first 9 months

The Parenting Adventures Baby to Toddler years 

Being Bullied In At A Workplace  

A Lonely walk to Happiness

Mum&Me 

I like to go through the dialog and make sure its a real conversation and going to do another writing course to help me and continue to read books and build my books and is about real topics, in a fictional story and non fiction writing parenting books, and will be writing a new one, but working on three other books I plan to release going to spend time reflecting on my writing as it can really help.

Keep a log of words, and cut it down once you begin to edit it, as I am not keen on reading books that are too big myself depending on the book, and write what you like to read and keep reading books to help. I like thrillers, Historic Novels, comedy, true stories and chic flicks. I have so many ideas and so I make note of the ideas I have and getting them out of your head can really help. 

Do some sprints, check out Youtube Double Down day where each first Saturday of month many professional writers do sprints throughout the day, and can really help get your books written and if you don't fancy writing, because you are stuck on an area of your book, use the sprints to write down ideas of what different directions the book can go and tie it all together and plot. 

It is free to do and I have been reading Atomic Habits and he talks about doing 2 minute habits and that has helped me to work on my next three books I want to write and publish. Taking my time on blogs and taking a break to wash up the breakfast stuff and make dinner and just taking my time and this week my son was unwell and so done little bits, and a little bit can go a long way.

Choose a time to get your writing done. I am completing this blog on a Friday early morning. I do like working on my books in the afternoon but if an idea comes in my head will pick up laptop or my notes and jot it down, before the idea comes out of my mind and it is good to be consistent. 

So I hope this helps you and if you have a book out please let me know as I love to read other peoples books and I love being part of the writing community. You can leave a comment below.

Many thanks for reading,

Carrie X 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding the time to write

The right environment to get writing

Getting in the mood to write