Writing during the School Summer Holidays

It is coming up to the last weeks of the School Summer Holidays, and fitting in writing has been not that tricky, but when I haven't written for most of the day, I get itchy fingers. 



Being a mum and a writer of blogs and books and setting up online courses and videos too, it has to be on hold and have gotten used to it. 

Being a mum I don't mind putting my writing on hold, and I do what I can and use the evenings and if I get up early enough, in the mornings aswell. 

This does include planning and settting out time, gettng earlier than usual and using what time I have.

I do write myself lists and go through what I would like to write to what I want to get done first. Usually it is writing or finishing off a blog post and then working on my books. 

I like to write one comedy, one serious novel and a self help or a biographical type book. 

It is fitting around planned activities and events. It is using the weekends when Henry's Dad (my son) is not working, and let my son decide on what to do too, and then when I get a gap of time I will write some more in the day, if I can.

The one thing I have been doing is taking a notepad and a book to read downstairs in living room when my son is doing something he likes to play on his own with, to draft blogs and books ideas and other projects I am working on. 

So it is adapting around the holidays and pre-planning and being flexible too. 

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding the time to write

The right environment to get writing

Getting in the mood to write