New Book Written and published/How long does it take to write a book for me

Hello and welcome! As a writer I am always creating new ideas of books, blogs and videos that I wanted to share my life as a writer sharing my new book written and how long it takes to write a book when it comes to me. 

If you would like to see my new book then here is a link:

https://www.amazon.com/Mum-Me-Gucci-Tits-Queens-ebook/dp/B096ZPLGR9/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Mum%26Me+carrie+holmes&qid=1624536181&sr=8-1



It is a fictional comedy about a lady called Elizabeth who's mother is living with her and they often never agree only when a lady calle Gloria steps in to try and convert Elizabeth as a friend not wanting to give up her status her status of the children's school PTFA and is Elizabeth arch rival and Elizabeth mum is obssessed with online shopping and TV shopping that she keeps buying the wrong item and now Elizabeth garage is full of boxes.

Answering some questions:

How long did it take to write this book?It took me a year I began writing in the last Lockdown we had in May/June and the idea came to me when I think about my own relationships with my mum and how even relatedy by blood can still disagree on anything and how there are some women who can be very domineering and always have there way.

How to put a book together?

It is a long process in that it takes commitment and time, it isn't something that you can just throw together but something you can always build on as you add real time to it, if it is a fictional event happening, if it is a romance it all about creating the draft to then creating it into a book.

Write a rough draft at first which is also what I call Skeleton draft and then as you edit then bring it to life as a story and then a book.

Would I employ an editor?

I am not sure if I would be comfortable with that, but if it just to go through any typos then yes. I am very particular of the way I want the book to be perceived as it is my story and the only one that for me can write it is me. I have developed that story for a reason so as long as my words are there and then perhaps in the future.

Planning and writing for books do they go together?

I often don't plan when I first begin writing, but if it is an idea that I find difficult to start without planning then I do. I will write some notes as I begin the story to find out about my characters I have created and its learning about their actions, how they talk, breath, live and their mannerisms. You need to get to grips who the book is mainly about, so the planning for me comes as I write in word and chapter and use dialogue and characterisation to build the story and then create the book.

Different ways to tell the story to make it into a book

I write books where one of the characters in the book are narrating the story and when writing children stories I wrote them as if I am the third person telling these stories not one of the characters. 

Picture the scene, picturing the dialogue and play it out in your mind like it is a movie and take it appart bit by bit to build the story with the pictures and images you are seeing as you tell the story. 

Check out this video I have created:


Many thanks for reading and watching the video if you did and see you in the next blog.


Carrie X 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding the time to write

The right environment to get writing

Getting in the mood to write