Finding the time to write

When it comes to writing I do it in batches and this is because of thinking what way the book is going to go and what I need to tie up the story. 


In the morning I will go through the blogs I have to write and the videos I need to film and then even if is ten minutes to spare to work on my books then I do. 

I do have a diary that I use to plan my writing and specifically on the book I am writing and do sprints, and what I have often done is set a timer. Thank the lord for mobiles phones and android as I have a stop watch on my phone and I live by my mobile. 

Right now I am beginning the writing of this blog and it is 6th January at 9:30am and so once this is done then going through what I need to do that is jotted down but to do so I can concentrate on working on my books, and if you need to have a start up in your writing to do it regularly I would say is to have a blog as it is what inspired me or spend time writing notes of ideas to write about with a old fashion pen and paper.

Set your day up as before I began finishing this blog I tidied my desk that was desperatley needed to be done and gone through my lists of things that need to be done, and so gone through what I can keep what I can dispose of, and have my book writing notes and pages written in a folder headed should I need to check them through.

I will have a video on Youtube channel playing and believe it or not helps me stay focused and gives me the energy to write. 

When I can't be at my desk working on my blogs I will take a notebook out with me in a bag and do this when waiting at my sons home from him to return from school, or be picked up to be taken to school. 

Routine is the key and planning the night before too along with setting my clothes out for the day and bags I gonna take it is all about making use of the time you have and even if it just a paragraph so be it, your still getting your writing done, so that is how I find time to write. 

I hope you all had a good new year, and many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The right environment to get writing

Getting in the mood to write